Monday 25 October 2010

A Pile of Empty Postcards

I have to do a hundred postcards with different collages on. No sorry, 97. The pile looks so big. And empty. And I did it WRONG. I think?

A collage (From the French: coller, to glue) is a work of formal art, primarily in the visual arts, made from an assemblage of different forms, thus creating a new whole. A collage may include newspaper clippings, ribbons, bits of colored or hand-made papers, portions of other artwork, photographs and other found objects, glued to a piece of paper or canvas.

I built a box. The postcard looked so empty and flat so I wanted it to stand out a bit. But then when I had built the box it didn't feel like a collage. So I put the word Wrong in it. To save myself. And then I made two flat boring ones. 97 to go.





4 comments:

Casper said...

cubes are legit Miss

Anonymous said...

Hi Asa

Luv the bog, do check min, i'm on 'wordpress'!

Stephen

Anonymous said...

Hej, I really like the "wrong"! especially! Brau, brau...

Charlie

Åsa Elmehed said...

Thank you =)