Friday 15 October 2010

My VCT Image

I ended up choosing an image for VCT from a magazine even though I thought I shouldn't. But I couldn't help myself. Found this amazing, huge (345mmx420mm) magazine called Volt and had to buy it. I chose a whole spread from the magazine with the text 'Olfactory' (the sense of smell) on the left side and a collage image of the classic Chanel no5 perfume bottle with different butterfly wings behind it. I like how the text relates to the image because they're both centered. Also the minimalistic and modern (?) typeface with the old Chanel bottle first launched in 1921. I like the butterfly wings in the background because they make me think about summer and the smell of summer which ads an extra feeling to the perfume. It also reminds me of a cover for POP magazine made by the famous artist Damien Hirst.


No comments: